Day 25: This world hath made me vicarious.

This morning, Miss Priya invited me to come to her volleyball clinic with her. I got to watch her scrimmaging and practicing skills for what I imagine was a very tiring two hours! I am very impressed. During the players' warm-ups, I flipped through Sasha Bruce's Annual Report from 2009 for a model of what I should be thinking about as I work on this year's report over the next few weeks.

After a brief phone chat with my uncle Ruby Chachu (arguably my blog’s most avid follower) and a quick jog around the neighborhood (cheered on by a gaggle of geese and a butterfly couple), I settled in to work on one of my article assignments for this year’s Annual Report. I now have a good working draft, which I hope to discuss with Jim in the office tomorrow before submitting it to Jill for final edits.

In the afternoon, I headed to Reston Town Center to participate in the first annual Northern Virginia Alzeimer's Association Walk to End Alheimer's. The incredible Iman Karram, a sophomore at Madeira, organized a team called "Forget-Me-Not" to raise funds in honor of her grandfather, who struggles with Alzheimer's. I could talk about this girl all day, but suffice it to say that I truly believe she has the makings of a leader, and I expect HUGE things from her in the future.

I left the event to meet my dear friend (and Varlet #0) Patrick Sanguineti for a dinner to celebrate his 16th birthday! With his awesome parents and Varlet #1, we enjoyed a great dinner, during which I (almost) learned to use chopsticks.


It was great to see my brothers again, and I wish Patrick a wonderful year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

Din 227: “God took his time making you.”