Day 6: Singing in the rain . . .

This morrow, I read Shakespeare's Sonnet 6, which I learned is a continuation of his Sonnet 5. I had been so pleased to see that Sonnet 5 was not all about the merits of procreation, but rather about the effects of age. To my dismay, Spearshake's continuation (Sonnet 6) does return to the main theme of his first seventeen poems by urging, "Be not self-will'd, for thou art much too fair / To be death's conquest and make worms thine heir."

After watching CNN for a while, I read Chapter 3 of Hawking's A Brief History of Time. Although my progress is slow and steady, I am really enjoying the book and gaining a greater appreciation for our universe.


Later, as I was messing around with the features of this blog (scroll to the bottom to see my new fish tank!), I received a phone call from Teresa Mourad of the Ecological Society of America (ESA) regarding my application for the position of ESA Education Intern. She described a few environmental education projects with which I would be helping her team, and invited me to start working next week! The organization's programs for education and diversity seem really interesting, and I am sure I would really enjoy working for them, especially given my incredible experience with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) this spring! (See the end of this post for details.)


Meanwhile, I continue to await responses from the children's organizations to which I have applied for internships. Next, I walked through the rain to the bus stop to pick up Priya. Dee Dee told me that she has written a response to my note, which she will deliver through Priya tomorrow. I can't wait!

After dinner, I read Book VII of Plato's Republic -- Parable of the Cave -- hoping to help Priya with her English homework. We were both pretty confused, but I think we now have a good idea of what the cave looks like and stands for.


After discussing each of my internship applications with Papa in great detail, we settled in to continue watching 3 Idiots.

For more about my time working with EPA this year, see the following links:

Senior Project Journal: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5018004/Ratna%27s%20Senior%20Project%20Journal.docx
Project Presentation: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5018004/Ratna%27s%20Senior%20Project%20Presentation.ppt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!