Day 40: Lar Doce Lar

We arrived home not without some confusion: our flights were delayed 3 hours and 2 hours respectively, and when we finally made it to D.C., I left my passport on the plane and we had to wait as it was found and retrieved -- clever girl.

Once home, though, I had a good time regaling Priya and Mama with anecdotes and "showering" them with the meager souvenirs I managed to find in Brasil.

I am still a bit sick, so I spent the day resting in between reminiscing and unpacking.

In the afternoon, I got to catch up with my brother Omar! Omar and I became close friends in high school, and our families are extremely close. It was great to hear about his time in college at the University of Virginia, as well as reflect with him upon my gap year experience thus far. I really enjoyed our conversation, and Omar did have a piece of feedback for me regarding my blog: he says it is always overwhelmingly cheerful! I promised him to tone it down as soon as my days become less than superlative. Not any time soon, insha'Allah! :)

Our families gather at Graduation.
This evening, having read Sonnet 40 and rested a bit more, I plan to watch Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (You Won't Get to Live Twice) with the family. Mama and Papa saw the film earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Hrithik Roshan is in it, after all, so they can't be too far off!


One of my favorite phenomena is losing my voice, and I think I will be able to experience that tomorrow -- hoorah! I look forward to returning to work, whether my vocal chords decide to work or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!