Day 87: I do what I write; I write what I do.

TODAY WAS ONE OF THE MOST HIGH-ENERGY, SILLY, SPECTACULAR DAYS I HAVE EVER HAD. I WOULD WRITE THIS POST IN ALL CAPS TO COMMUNICATE MY MOOD if that were not so annoying. :)

I got the day off to a great start by having breakfast with my close friend Ryan "Babes" Barbalace. What this means is that we basically talked non-stop for an hour and a half without breathing at all, except to laugh. It was fantastic and I'm so glad he and I are doing such a good job of staying in touch! I look forward to seeing him again over winter break, and hopefully spending a week this summer at his college, Wake Forest.

For lunch, I met my four favorite boys in the world at Fairfax Corner.


James, Zach, Daniel, and, of course, Woojin, are four of the most kind-hearted (and hilarious) guys I know. Naturally, they tease me to no end and treat me like their empty-headed little sister, but I trust and love each of them like the big brothers I now have.


After we had given our patronage to California Pizza Kitchen, Pinkberry, and REI, we had to go our separate ways. I would have cried, but for the fact that I then made the acquaintance of the planet's most precious dog, Monroe (named after Marilyn).


This canine cutie belongs to Katie Pope, whose family I finally got to meet today! They are awesome people, and her mom, who is a producer, introduced me to Melvin Taylor, an incredible artist you should all check out! Absolutely "jazzed" (no pun intended) by the sight of a recording studio and guitarist in front of my eyes, I just had to request a jam sesh! I showed Melvin a song that's been circling my head a lot lately, and here is what Melvin and I came up with:


My lungs reinvigorated with a fresh supply of oxygen, I hopped in KPope's car to head to Bon Chon for dinner. En route, we collected the lovely Laura from her dwelling. Dinner was great fun -- it's always nice to get "the gang" back together!


If I thought I was tired before dinner, I was delirious afterward. But Dr. Pepper always does the trick, and we were ready for an aimless adventure at the mall! From trying on assorted hats to watching KPope get her fortune told to probably making a poor impression on Amr's friend Mahmoud, the night was a blast.


A bittersweet end came when we had to acknowledge the fact that it is Laura's last night in the States for a while. But not to worry -- we plan to execute an excellently erudite epistolary exposition to make up for her impending lack of Facebook account!


After sharing one last customary red velvet cupcake from Cakelove, the night came to a beautiful close. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON I ENCOUNTERED TODAY FOR MAKING THIS DAY SO UNBELIEVABLE GOOD.

Oh, and yes, I read Sonnet 87 this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

Din 227: “God took his time making you.”