Day 128: Suppose I kept on singing love songs, just to break my own fall.

This morning marked the 22nd annual Flint Hill Certamen! It's always great to see the school filled with Latin nerds, catch up with old friends, and marvel at the intellects that grace our high school's halls for this competition.


My job today was to moderate, or read questions, for students in Level I Latin. After three fun preliminary rounds, I moderated an exciting final round in which two teams tied, and had to compete for second place over two sets of tie-breaker questions. Good times!

Can you spot the girl in this photo?

Back home, Priya and I crashed for a recharging nap before helping Mama around the house in preparation for a dinner party at our house tonight (which is actually going on right now). We then donned our Indian best and prepared to greet our guests!


I am currently hiding in my room to read my daily sonnet and write this post, as Babysitter Priya entertains the adorable boys downstairs.


I have already met some amazingly interesting people tonight, including an Uncle whose daughter works for a company called GIST that explores the Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity. (!!!) I'm headed back downstairs for more!

--

Song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2EI5bGsPY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!